Location: Maia (Porto), Portugal
We are looking for engineers who are passionate about both big data and building infrastructure to the customers who use it. You will be joining the team leading Critical Manufacturing Business Intelligence efforts, responsible for developing a brand-new platform for data gathering and management.
Our customers generate millions of data points, from production equipment and sensors spread across the shop-floor and they need to use them in order to improve their processes and create new products.
This new data platform will be a cornerstone of our Industry 4.0 vision! We are currently looking for candidates to join our team, working with:
- Designing the architecture our data gathering platform, defining infrastructure and deployment methods for reliably collecting and delivering terabytes of new events per day;
- Systems for scheduling, orchestrating and deploying data pipelines
- Monitoring, alerting and debugging infrastructure for data pipelines
- Infrastructure to instrument and analyze user behavior
What you’ll do:
- Design, build, scale, and evolve our data platform, services and tooling
- Be a part of transitioning Critical Manufacturing to the next generation data platform
- Become expert in and contribute to open source frameworks such as Kafka, NATS…
What you must have:
- Experience with Kafka, NATS or RabbitMQ
- Experience with large scale distributed systems
- Experience building libraries and tooling that provide beautiful abstractions to users
- Experience optimizing the end-to-end performance of distributed systems.
- You are familiar with and enthusiastic about software engineering best practices such as testing, continuous integration and continuous delivery
- You are passionate about creating clean code and have a strong foundation in coding
- You are a strong team player who is proactive in collaborating with other software engineers
- You have a few years of relevant experience, or much more; we welcome diverse applicants with various seniority levels
- Excellent English skills – spoken and written
What we consider a plus (not mandatory):
- Experience with functional programming languages (ex: Scala)
- Experience with Apache Beam, Apache Spark or Scalding
It’s not expected that you’ll have deep expertise in every dimension above, but you should be interested in learning any of the areas that are less familiar.
Interested? Then click below to send us your CV and tell us why you’re the right candidate.