News & Events
Critical Manufacturing releases Navigo 2.0 Solar Edition at SOLARCON CHINA 2010
March 12, 2010
Portugal, March 12th, 2010 - Critical Manufacturing announces the release of cmNAVIGO 2.0 Solar Edition, a rich Internet Manufacturing Enterprise System (MES) for Advanced Manufacturing that enables photovoltaic manufacturers to combine the high flexibility and pre-customized rich set manufacturing execution and analytical solutions with tightly integrated quality tools. Critical Manufacturing will showcase cmNAVIGO 2.0 Solar Edition at SOLARCON China 2010, in Shanghai.
“While solar manufacturers keep looking for new ways of achieving lower costs and higher throughputs, they reach manufacturing processing challenges that require continuously monitoring and adjustment of process and equipment variables. Further optimizations without tight control of such parameters and variables will inevitably result in lower yields and quality problems. Examples are the associated sawing and handling of ever thinner wafers as these reach critical dimensions”, explains Reiner Missale, Critical Manufacturing’s CEO.
While version one of cmNAVIGO was focused on modeling and execution flexibility in hierarchical WIP tracking, multi-level resource tracking, dispatching, engineering data collection, carrier, consumables and durables management, cmNAVIGO 2.0 introduces a complete set of quality management fully integrated features, including Statistical Process Control, Checklists and Exceptions Management.
cmNAVIGO 2.0 Solar edition has been richly customized to - with a single interactive Silverlight based web-interface – allow:
- Flexible modeling for all PV manufacturing materials, products and flows, for Crystalline Silicon and Thin-Film production lines;
- Advanced hierarchical material tracking, with sub-material tracking - ideal for modeling batches and lots of ingots, bricks, wafers, or for batch panels in thin-film lines;
- Tracking and traceability of durables, such as crucibles;
- Manual and automatic data collection, with sampling, aggregations and calculations;
- Interactive user customizable dashboards with online production line status;
- Pre-set reports for most common KPI’s such as cycle-time, yield, uptime, PPH, MTBF, MTTR, …;
- Pre-set data warehouse cubes for material and resource, for advanced analytical operations.
SOLARCON China 2010 will take place between the 16th and the 18th March at the Shanghai New Int'l Expo Center and will focus on the latest market trends, advanced products, and comprehensive industry information for PV manufacturing.
Critical Manufacturing is an enterprise founded from the established business of Critical Software and the inspiration and experience of a team of international renowned industry experts, that creates leading edge software solutions for the advanced manufacturing industries of solar, electronics and semiconductors. The company is part of Critical Group, a private group of companies founded in 1998 to provide solutions for mission and business critical information systems. Annual growth has been sustained at 50% per year on average since its foundation, operating a CMMI Level 5 and ISO9001 Quality System. Critical Manufacturing has its headquarters and main technical centre in Portugal and additional facilities in Germany and China.