The obsolescence of Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) presents a huge challenge to fab IT departments. The following are some of the main issues manufacturers with legacy solutions face:
- Increased support risk and cost
- Lower quality and slower support
Maintenance & Operational Cost
- Higher cost of obsolete and proprietary technologies
- Higher cost of maintaining add-ons & customizations
Effort to Modify, Extend & Integrate
- Higher cost of adding and changing functionality
- Slower response time to business changes
Altogether, if no action is taken, these issues translate into Increased Costs, Increased Risks and Missed Revenue.
To address these challenges, Critical Manufacturing offers two areas of specialized services: Legacy MES Enhancements and MES Migration Services.